Saturday, February 23, 2008

The many moods of the McPherson children

Yes, I realize that I haven't blogged in nearly two months, but...well...um...yeah, I've got nothing. I just haven't blogged in nearly two months. Sorry. So, I don't have any earth-shattering news, just a couple cute pics to share, hope you enjoy, love to all.-DeEtte

PENSIVE


Here are my thoughtfully delightful kids staring over the Oceanside Pier. I can't remember exactly what they were looking at (probably trash or something seriously awesome like that), but apparently it was very absorbing.


CIVIC-MINDED

Connor had the opportunity to go to the City Council meeting last week and lead the Pledge of Allegiance with a couple of his schoolmates. He got to meet the Mayor (he was wicked excited about this-that's him in the picture) and get a cool certificate and little pin with the city emblem on it. And he was on t.v.-all in all, a very exciting day in the McPherson household.

HEROIC

This is "Super Lily to the rescue". Her words, not mine. So, when Lily wants to play superhero, she's got this cool costume that basically consists of one of my headbands wrapped around her face. Some times she stacks all of my headbands across there and then she's super super super, but today she was sporting the solo headband super hero look. I have absolutely no idea where she got this idea that the headband across her eyes makes her a superhero. My only thought is Cyclops from X-Men, in which case she's copying a super lame super hero and I'll have to give her a stern talking-to.

EXHAUSTED

This is what happens to Lily if we actually force her to stop moving and relax at any point after 4:00 in the afternoon. Normally, I wouldn't force her to relax, but there are certain days where I can only take so much and she is banished to "quiet time" in her room. Quiet time almost always leads to nap time, and it's my favorite time of the day.


MAD GENIUS




This is my brilliant son playing "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven (obviously, a scaled-down version, but still...). He absolutely loves the song and has been playing it all day long for a few weeks now. We love it that he loves playing so much and he appears to be pretty good at it (at least in our opinions)!

9 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

Pictures are cute....love the ocean gaze :) And Wow...Connor is really improving on the piano, even since last video! I'm so impressed. Sorry I forgot to mention him when I expressed joy at Jordan's musical talents being the only one in the family (you guys are far away and we don't hear as much from you). Connor's gonna be really good too! Tell him to keep at it :)

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Pictures of kids sleeping are so adorable. I love her bedding too. Connor is adorable too, getting so grown up. Happy he is loving the Piano.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

This is Jeremy. I would just like to acknowledge your kicking music list. I love the kiddy pics as well, but I felt moved to make a comment about the fantastic songs that you placed on your list. I mean they are outstanding. We are excited to see you guys in March. It will be a blast. And who is this guy randomly posting on your blog?

Jeremy and Sarah said...

This is Sarah, your kids are amazing. Lily is adorable and Connor is so talented. You really should be so proud. I think that I say the same thing every time I post a comment but it is all so true. I too love Lily's bedding. Darling darling where did you get it. We are going to be transitioning out of cribs soon and I would love to find cute bedding like that.

Justin and Amy said...

Again, Connor is amazing. I was watching the video, thinking to myself, "is there anything this kid CAN'T do?" Then, at the end of the video, he started playing the piano with both hands at the same time! Incredible.

Justin

Justin and Amy said...

I LOVE the new blog. I have been waiting... and waiting... and waiting... Anyway- I love the pictures. I think superhero Lily is my favorite. I used to do that with headbands but I would pretend to be the Star Trek guy with the weird glasses. I didn't even watch Star Trek. But I felt bonded to her when I saw that:) You have awesome kids. I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks:)
Love, Amy

The McPherson Clan--- said...

I have no idea who that random guy is...at first I thought it might be your brother, but I thought it was kind of a weird post.

Got Lily's bedding at Target.com. You can get really good prices if you shop online and find stuff that's discontinued or on clearance, that's my recommendation.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Can I just say that Lily is a Crocker. She reminds me of Devin...what a cutie. As for Connor, all I can say is Josh Groban, watch out.

Chelsea said...

SO cute! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. Connor looks like such a gentleman in the pic with they mayor. And I'm gonna go with the trend of telling you how adorable Lily's bedding is! It's hard to find cute "big girl" bedding. I've been looking for months!