Saturday, January 1, 2011

Best Present Ever!

The highlight of my holiday vacation actually happened two days after Christmas. My darling niece Naomi was on vacation with her Mom and the Mizzells's at Disneyland, only an hour away. Rachael graciously offered to let us spend a day with Naomi before they left. Lily talked about it non-stop for about a month beforehand. We all love and miss Naomi so much, and we hadn't seen her for 2 years! So this was a great present. Devyn, me and the kids drove up and picked her up in Anaheim. We went to the Discovery Science Center Museum, or "The Cube" as my kids call it. We spent 3 hours there playing and looking at cool stuff. Lily and Naomi held hands the entire time (so freaking adorable). Then we drove Naomi back to LA, so she could get to bed early for her flight home the next day. The kids just laughed and laughed and laughed the entire car ride. They had so much fun, it was like they'd never been apart. It made me miss my brother even more than I normally do. I look forward to the day when we can all live near one another again! These kids need each other!!


Doing the ice skating simulation. They were both "super fast"!


Playing in the sand and water. This was the #1 thing on Lily and Naomi's list of things to do. Kids...they're so easy.


In actual goalie pads. Look how huge those things are...the girls could literally fit inside a pad each!




In the Wind Tunnel! The wind starts at zero and goes up to 70 MPH. They had so much fun!!


1 comment:

Devyn said...

The wind tunnel picture turned out awesome!