Monday, July 28, 2008

Nerd-Con 2008

So, we went to Comic Con last week. It was the first time I actually attended, although I have been downtown in recent years while Comic Con was going on and seen some of the "unique individuals" wandering the streets. Let me just say that I had so so so much fun! The best thing about Comic Con is that people just embrace and own their nerdiness. It's actually quite liberating. And trust me, you never realize how big a nerd you really are until Hugh Jackman unexpectedly shows up after your panel with some "Wolverine" footage, you see some playing cards fly across the screen and you scream out like you've just won the lottery "GAAAMMMBBBIIITTT!!!". I'm pretty sure this moment cemented my status as a nerd, and I couldn't be prouder. I didn't get to see the Watchmen panel, which kind of made me pouty, but I still had great fun hangin with my peeps. Jen (Darrin's sister and fellow Twilight obsessee flew into town to join us), Vanessa, Devyn and I were a might disappointed with the Twilight panel, but were all still happy we went, it was such a crazy experience. Next year, I think I'm gonna go multiple days and make some kind of game out of how many storm troopers I can find, they were everywhere! All in all, a great day, saw lots of cool stuff and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Here's two of my highlights...


Me and Ironman, don't we make a cute couple?

Me and my people with the Twilight cut-out. Twilight is my favorite guilty pleasure, it's kind of fun having a crush on a fictional teenage vampire. Notice how I positioned myself right next to Edward, completely blotting Bella out of the picture. I'm completely out of control and I love it.

3 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

Too fun. I love hearing stories about the nerd convention that is comic con! Shawn told me all about the humongous lines and craziness surrounding anything Twilight. It is addicting though. I think anyone who doesn't love it hasn't read it:)

Halvos said...

Hilarious DeEtte! I'm glad you had so much fun! Love the Ironman pic too...the question is: Who is better? Edward, or Ironman? You should write a paper on that one... many similarities, but many differences as well! :) lol...-Lori

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Embracing the nerd from within is quite liberating, although I consider myself to be too dumb to be a nerd. I am more like a dork than a nerd, but you get the point.