Saturday, November 6, 2010

Girl Scout Service!

Lily joined a Daisy Scout troop this year and she loves it so much! Today her troop (along with other community members) spent two hours cleaning and beautifying the oldest cemetery in Oceanside. They picked up leaves and trash, cleaned up headstones, they even dug up a few headstones that were completely grown over. Then they put American flags on the headstones of all the Veterans. It was such an awesome experience. She had a blast (she got to use tools!) and felt good about what she had done afterwards. I love being able to share things like this with my kids. My allergies, however, did not love it.

Cutest. Girl. Scout. Ever.

She's an American Girl.





Yes, I allowed somebody to take a picture of me. Don't look too closely. This was at the end of the two hours and I was not at my freshest...I love my girl!!!



4 comments:

Chelsea said...

What an awesome thing to do. I'm so proud of Lily for that wonderful service. And on a side note...I've never seen so clearly how much she looks like Connor. It's crazy!

Betty Brackett said...

What a neat way to spend a day! It's great that she enjoyed it...and I think the picture of the two of you is adorable :)

Lori said...

An awesome experience for Lily, and you, too. The picture of you both is adorable! Glad she's loving Daisies. Tell Lily I'm very proud of her.

Sara Walker said...

How cute! I am so glad she found a troop! Wow what a great blogger you are!