Tuesday, October 2, 2007

R.I.P. Padres

I'm at a loss for words...I feel dead inside. Well, almost dead. There is a part of me that's so consumed with rage that it can't possibly be numb. My guys gave it their all (most of the time) and I have nothing but love for them. All except for Trevor Hoffman, who I hope gets food poisoning every day of the off season. All I can say now is...Go Diamondbacks!

And don't tell Connor I said this, but I kind of hope Matt Holliday has permanent scarring on his stupid, fat, bald head!!!!

7 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

DeEtte- Justin and I felt sick for you after the game. We thought they had it sealed there until Hoffman came in the game. So so sad. But I really don't think Holladay touched the plate, if that makes you feel better:) I'm very sorry. But I give you permission to cheer for the Yankees:) Until next season... RIP Padres...

Shawn said...

That call was kind of lame, but if Barrett (two Ts?) had held on to the ball, I think he would have gotten the call. That's a tough loss. I'm a little upset you are rooting for the Diamondbacks, since they are playing the Cubs. I mean, I rooted for the Padres last night, and all.

Devyn said...

Weren't you rooting for the Padres so you could "see the Cubs smash them?"
I hope Trevor Hoffman gets food poisoning too. Scott Hairston was robbbed of his glory. SO LAME
-Devyn

Lori said...

Okay, Trevor did not have a good night (understatement); but he didn't put himself in the game, and he didn't leave himself in after he blew the first run on his watch. Ditto for leaving Jake in after 6 runs - what was that about? If we're pointing fingers, let's point to management, not minion...Anyway, now I only have 3 teams to root for: cubs, yankees, red sox. It's kind of liberating that I don't care tremendously myself - I can just enjoy it when my kids' teams succeed, and commiserate when they don't

The McPherson Clan--- said...

You can't root for the yankees AND the red sox! Newb!

Justin and Amy said...

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Lori said...

And yet, I can...