Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Little "Angel"

Okay, so Lily's preschool is doing a Nativity Play on Thursday (obviously her preschool has no ties to the public school system...thank goodness). Anyways, Lily is playing one of the three Christmas Angels who appear to the shepherds. Her line in the play is "Fear not." Well, little Miss Sassy has decided that's just way too tame a line and is trying to spice things up for her play. So, anytime I've asked her today what her line is, she's responded with something new and silly and she just thinks she's so funny (which I have to agree with her on). So, I thought I'd share some of the best responses...and let me tell you up front, I am not embellishing at all, these are exact quotes from Lily when asked what her line is in the play:

#5: "Ho Ho Ho" (this is the only line that has anything at all to do with Christmas)

#4: "Your wish is my command, oh Princess." (taken from a Backyardigans episode)

#3: "Abra Cadabra" (not sure about the spelling, but you get the point)

#2: "Let's do this thing."

#1: "Underpants."


Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting the actual play. I'm half worried, half excited to see what she'll say when she's on "stage". Leave it to one of my kids to rewrite the nativity scene...I'll keep ya posted. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm not totally and completely humiliated by what my little darling comes up with. Love ya-DeEtte

6 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

That is hilarious. I love it. She is so cute. It is so funny what kids come up with. Can not wait to see you guys.

Lori said...

Just when I think Lily can't get any funnier! Dad and I were laughing so hard! "Can we just do this thing" is my favorite. Where in the world did she get that? They're all hilarious - "underpants" is classic, and would really make a memorable nativity play. It would grow with the telling, and soon be featured on many a website that old ladies forward to everyone they've ever known. She is just so creative!

Lori said...

I just realized I misquoted Lily - "Let's do this thing" is even funnier.

Betty Brackett said...

LOL...a little creativity won't ruin the event...that's just darling.

Betty Brackett said...

Forgot to mention that even "Ho Ho Ho"is being frowned upon in these PC times. Can't remember where, but in the news the other day, some town is having their Santas say Ha Ha Ha so as not to besmirch womanhood. Puhleeze.

Justin and Amy said...

That was Australia Gramma... the Ha-ha-ha thing. I heard that too:) Anyway... that was so funny. Personally I like the Backyardigans quote. Since I have watched many ours of Backyardigans the past week, I really appreciate that one. She is so funny. I love the pictures of her too. That pink dress is so pretty! She's precious.