Monday, March 31, 2008

meet my latest obsession

As anyone who knows me well can attest to, I have quite the obsessive/addictive personality. When I find something that I think is super cool, I pretty much latch onto it like a vice and don't relinquish until I have strangled it to death. Some of my obsessions over the last year or so--

1. Ben Gibbard-He was, is, and will always be my chubby, geeky, hopelessly romantic soulmate. This one will never really die.

2. The Harry Potter series-Alas, there are no more upcoming books to fuel my obsessive need, so this one is dwindling fast.

3. Khalil Greene/Padres baseball-I took a short break during the offseason, but today is Opening Day (Go Padres!!!), so I'm back into the full swing of it.

4. The newest Shins album-Don't get me wrong, I still think this is the most fabulously fabulous album of the last year, but I have stopped listening to it 24-7.

5. Dark Angel fan fiction-Yah, this one's hard to own up to, I mean none of it is even any good, but I basically felt compelled to keep reading. I think I was looking for some kind of closure, since the show offered none. But I'm over it. I made up my own ending in my head.

6. Across the Universe (the movie)-Loved it, loved it, loved it! But I've pretty much moved on.

7. The Twilight novels-On hiatus until August.

Well, I have a new love. Meet Paul Banks, the lead singer of the band Interpol. I've been listening to the newest Interpol offering (Our Love to Admire-pick it up today!) almost exclusively for the last couple of weeks. I find Mr. Banks' voice to be super smokey sexy beyond all belief. Until today, I had absolutely no idea what he looked like, and yet that didn't stop me from being really attracted to the guy. I guess you could say, I had more of a crush on his vocal chords than anything else...but not anymore. I've seen the whole picture now and am fully prepared to commit myself to this love 100%! I'm guessing some of you won't see it..but I like scruffy, dirty looking boys (it's a mystery how I ended up with Darrin at all- he bathes every day, keeps his hair meticulously short and doesn't play any musical instrument, it must've been fate!). For those of you wondering, my little "obsessions" don' t really bother Darrin all that much. He figures what are the chances of me actually meeting either Ben Gibbard or Paul Banks? And seeing as how my newest boyfriend is dating supermodel Helena Christensen, my chances are even slimmer than none. Darrin does admit he was more comfortable when I had a crush on a fictitious teenage vampire, rather than actual living, breathing men, but he knows me well enough to realize I'll be onto something else by next month!






2 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

Ok, so how come you don't have any Banks music on your blog? :) I wanna hear it. Obsessions are fun...thankfully there's so much out there to obsess about...

Vanessa Contessa said...

Oh this is fun! Let see if we can name all our obsessions!


I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one with an obsessive personality!