Sunday, April 6, 2008

The next Jake Peavy!

I'm telling you there's no end to the awesomeness of my son! For those of you living in a hole where baseball doesn't exist, let me just tell you that to be the next Jake Peavy is to be awesome beyond all belief! Get it? Alright, so Connor pitched in his first game yesterday! The new AA rules have the kids pitching for the first 2 innings of every game (totally scary). They can pitch one inning each, and Connor and the coach's son both pitched yesterday. They pretty much have to let anyone who expresses interest in pitching give it a go, but truthfully, Connor and Trevor are the only kids on our team who they are actively working with on pitching. If you could come and watch him pitch, you'd see why...he's totally off the hook! He's super consistent, he's got good heighth and can throw pretty dang hard (I have the bruises all over my shins to prove it, since most of the time I serve as Connor's practice catcher). He struck somebody out, it was fantastic. I almost cried, but I managed to keep it together. I was so freaking proud, but also really anxious. I told Darrin I'm not sure if I could take 6 innings of that. I pretty much have reconciled myself to being the next Aunt Debbie crazy sports-mom, so whoever gets my name at Christmas...Mr. Bullhorn!! Anyhow, my friend Vanessa came to cheer Connor on and she brought her ridiculously large camera with her. Man, am I glad she did, she managed to take all of these beauties (she actually took a lot more, but there's only so much room on the blog). Enjoy.




Could he look anymore serious? He's in the zone, man, in the zone.

Look at his mouth...concentrating so hard!

Look! He even looks like Jake Peavy right here. What a proud mama I am.

One word-intense. He looks like he's about to murder somebody with that bat!


Sadly, he didn't get his arms out for the full "Flash" experience, but maybe you can imagine what I was talking about by the way he's standing here. Too freaking cute to deal with. So grown-up looking and yet so small.

9 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

I wish that we lived closer, I want to see him play again. He really is amazing and I can not believe he is pitching.That is so great!!! We too are so proud of him!! Vanessa did an amazing job with the pictures too.

Betty Brackett said...

Great pictures! He's so cute...in or out of uniform...I'm glad he's so passionate about baseball...and you're a worthy recipient of the "Aunt Debbie" designation :) Brings back lots of memories...

Justin and Amy said...

I wish I would have been around to see Mr. Bullhorn back in the day!

Connor looks like a stud. Just looking at the pictures of him swinging I can tell he's a really good player. There aren't a lot of kids who look like that when they swing a bat at that age.

You've raised one heckuva ball player!

Justin

Shawn said...

That's so awesome! He looks like he has good form. Does he get to pitch this Saturday?

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to see your children do really well at something that they enjoy? I'm so happy for you !! Awesome pictures, he looks so pro :)

Jamie said...

DeEtte I want a copy of that first picture.

Chelsea said...

I'd have to say my first thought when looking at this blog was "WOW! Those pictures are amazing!" It helps that your son looks like a freakin pro! He's insane! Shawn's really hoping he gets to see him pitch this weekend. You should try to take some video of it so we can all see the studliness of your son in motion.

Justin and Amy said...

I do love the pictures. You need to print those out and frame them. He looks amazing. I can't wait to see what kind of baseball player he is going to be when he gets older. And I can't wait til you finally get Mr. Bullhorn. It would just complete the picture:)
Love, Amy

John said...

Incredible pics! ..Incredible kid!!