Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Mother's Work...

So, the kids and I were piling into the car one day last week (and don't ask me which day because they all kinda roll into each other) to run some errands. We got inside and my bambinos started to argue over whether or not we should listen to The Shins (Lily) or Radiohead (Connor-although truthfully this was his 2nd choice because I didn't have the correct David Gray album in the car for his highness). Let me just tell you that I love love love that my kids love music, and I especially love love love it that they enjoy the same music as me (although this isn't an accident, I've basically brainwashed them since the womb).

Anyways, the argument continued for a few minutes and no agreement was reached. They both sat there for a second thinking about what to do and the conclusion that was reached was that since they couldn't agree on a cd, they would just sing "Book of Mormon Stories" instead. And all I could think was, "my work here is done."

5 comments:

Sara Walker said...

I think I need to brainwash Ella a little better so I can stop listening to Disney Princesses, Mickey Mouse, and Enchanted "her music" in the car.
Your kids are the awesomest. Yes, that's a word.

Chelsea said...

Is Lily loving the new song in Primary this year? The "God Gave us Families" song? I just remember she was so cute singing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" last year and Cora just can't get enough of this new song. She sings it ALL the time.

Natalee said...

Your kids are hilarious DeEtte! My Kids get to choose between the CD that I want or Radio Disney. I'd rather listen to that then a Princess or Toddler CD.

sircrocksalot said...

I loooovvvveee the feeling I get when Madelynn and Caden fold there arms and say "AMEN" at the top of their lungs in church. All warm and fuzzy inside although Im sure the families around us are like "Shut those kids up!"

Debbie said...

ha they are so stinkin cute!!! i love book of mormon stories.