Friday, March 6, 2009

King of the Derby and the Diamond

It's been a busy busy week for the Conman. He participated in his first pinewood derby on Wednesday night. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it and tell you that his car did well, but it was a mighty fine looking car. Connor went for the classic dragster model, which he painted midnight black. He refused to put any embellishments or ornamentation on it at all, proving once and for all (to anybody who wasn't sure) that he is definitely my son. He had a good time at the pinewood derby and we learned a lot. Watch out next year, cause our car is gonna kick booty!

In more optimistic news, opening day was last Saturday. And while the schedule of baseball season basically makes me a crazy lady, it is so fun to watch Connor play and I look forward to it every year. Connor is playing for the AAA Astros this season (yippee, no Dodgers again). He started the season out with a bang! He made the first out of the opening day game by catching an infield fly, we were so so excited! In tonight's game he walked to first at his first at-bat, then he stole second, stole third and stole home!! Then he hit a 2-run homer! Okay okay, it technically wasn't a true home run, it was a fly ball that didn't get caught and then got way overthrown at first. But he made it all the way home and he got the game ball from his coach! Regardless of circumstance it was an exciting game and Connor was on cloud nine. We can only hope the rest of the season continues along this way. I'll keep y'all posted.

Here's a few pics. Enjoy.

















4 comments:

Pistolmom said...

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
LDS view
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

I remember when Jeremy had to make a Derby Car. Conners looks awesome. I can't believe spring is here already..along with baseball. Have fun !!

Chelsea said...

Connor just looks so grown up in those pinewood derby pics. He looks way grown up in the baseball pics too but he's got to be the littlest one on the team, right? Congrats to him on the awesome opening day! I know he'll keep it up this season!

Lori said...

I'm telling you, Connor is a renaissance boy! I'm so excited about his opening day - I didn't talk to him when he called Dad; but the sound of his voice through Dad's way-too-loud phone was so excited. I could just tell he was on top of the world. What a great way to start the season - although now he'll probably be way hard on himself if he doesn't match that each and every game. Tell him I'm proud of him. Love you all.