Saturday, September 22, 2007

Beckham she's NOT!

Okay, so maybe Lily's not going the be the pro soccer player we had hoped for...she loves going to soccer, she loves wearing the shin guards and the cleats, she loves kicking the ball around and running during practice, but she will absolutely not take part in the actual soccer game. Literally, at one point during the game she was standing there twirling her ponytail with her fingers (I wasn't quick enough on the draw to snap a picture of that). She would occasionally jump up and down in place, but other than that she would only move if Coach Drew was holding her hand. Luckily Coach Drew is a nice guy who didn't seem to mind dragging Lily up and down the field with him. On a kind of separate note, Lily got into an argument with me earlier this week because she was insistent that Coach Drew was a girl because "she wears earrings like a girl". It was kind of hard to argue with her reasoning, but after a rigorous day of debate I finally convinced Lily that Coach Drew was indeed a boy. I'm glad to see that my Lily has such conservative views on gender identity. We're so proud. I just hope she doesn't repeat her theory to Coach Drew.


Lily's soccer team. She couldn't be happier to be there...as long as she's not actually required to play soccer.

I think this is when I yelled at Lily to kick the ball and she pretended she couldn't hear me, classic.


Faithful Coach Drew going above and beyond the call of duty.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

What can I say? Your daughter is awesome! I love her!

Justin and Amy said...

My absolute favorite is the picture of her with her hands over her ears! That is so hilarious! I love those pictures and Lily is so great. I can't wait to see other hobbies she tries out in the future. She's awesome!

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

So cute !! Thanx for sharing. That coach looks really young. Lily looks like she is having a blast with him.

Lori said...

Could she be any cuter? Seriously! This made me laugh so hard; and I needed it so badly - I can just hear Lily's little voice as she debates with you. Great pictures, too. Can't wait to hear what she tries next...