Monday, September 24, 2007

Our last Padres game of the season!

We went to the Padres game Saturday night, our last one this season. Despite getting our trashed kicked by the Rockies, we managed to have a pretty good time. My old boss, Mike, is kind enough to let us use his private suite and it's such a fun experience. We're totally spoiled, we don't even like going to the games with regular tickets anymore. It's just cool that there's something that we all like to do together. We're all pretty big Padres fans (Lily included) and Michael is a good sport and goes along for the ride. Connor was a bit disappointed because Matt Holliday wasn't playing and he had really been looking forward to seeing him. For some reason, the kid absolutely loves Matt Holliday. Lily was apparently exhausted and fell asleep on Darrin, which led to the worst (and best kind of) moment of the night....

Darrin and Connor are incapable of going to a Padres game without having some frozen yogurt. But, as I said above, Lily had fallen asleep on Darrin and couldn't really get up. So, I acquiesed and went to get the stinking fro-yo. Lo and behold, what should happen in that 5 minutes that I'm gone? Any of you who know me can probably guess...Khalil Greene hit a home run!!!! Can you believe my luck? I'm pretty sure I'm Khalil's biggest fan in the known universe and I miss his home run! Lily was kind of bummed that she missed it too. She loves Khalil (she's dressing up as Khalil for Halloween). On the way home she was telling us how much Khalil wanted to hit a home run for her, but she fell asleep and he hit it "about" (without) her. She almost sounded upset with him. Anyways, here are some cute highlights of the evening. If you love us you'll add some extra prayers for the Padres to your agenda this week (some serious losses for the Diamondbacks, Phillies and Rockies would not be amiss either)! Love ya all-DeEtte





5 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

That first picture is the cutest one I've seen of Connor and Lily together...really frame-worthy :)

Justin and Amy said...

You know the Padres are in our prayers DeEtte. Especially because Devyn is so considerate of the Yankees:) The Padres will pull it off. Everything will be okay....
But I love the pictures. You guys are incredibly lucky you have access to such amazing seats and so frequently. I am completely jealous! The kids look adorable as always. Although I am a little disappointed there weren't any pictures of the Manns or Mom and Dad McPherson in their Padres gear:)
P.S. Chels told me about Lily and Khalil for Halloween. That's probably the best Halloween costume idea I have ever heard!

Lori said...

Are you going to get her a hat and do the hair the way Khalil does? She'll be adorable! Poor Padres! Milton Bradley and Mike Cameron at one shot! Maybe you should go for fro-yo each inning...

Shawn said...

I hope the Padres make it in...so we can SMASH YOUR STUPID FACES!!!

Justin and Amy said...

The Padres are hangin in there...