Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Lily!

Our Lily is 4 years old today! In actuallity, we had a little b-day party for her on Saturday. Some of her friends came over for cake and ice cream and jumped in a bounce house for a few hours. They had so so so much fun, right up until the moment she and her best bud Sydney crashed noggins and Syd's nose started to bleed and swell. Lily knows how to end things with a bang. She took cookies to preschool today and informed me that they had a "party" there, so she got double fun. So, here's a few pictures to commemorate the big #4.
Couldn't be cuter if she tried.

This is the cake I made in the middle of the night on Friday. I didn't get home from the hospital until almost midnight and Lily just had to have a pink butterfly cake. Needless to say, I was up until 4:00 in the morning making the dang thing. I'm not sure it was worth it, but it's pretty cute.


This is Lily and Sydney (pre-nose bleed) during the chaotic present opening (which lasted a record-breaking 2 minutes, tops). Lily's favorite present, by far, was this drum and harmonica set that we got her. The harmonica actually makes a pretty loud, nice, clear sound, it was surprising. But I'm already sick of it. She offers to play us songs all day long, they're awesome.

Blowin out the candles, which we had to do twice, because her friends were trying to be helpful the first time around and just ended up ticking her off.

5 comments:

Betty Brackett said...

Happy Birthday Lily!! DeEtte, you did a great job on your middle-of-the-night cake...it's beautiful!

Justin and Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Lily! And seriously, that cake is so pretty. Can you make me one like that for my birthday?:) Lily is getting so grown up! Tell her to stop it. And I am still loving all the pictures of baby Jane. Holy cow she is cute.

Chelsea said...

Can't believe Lily-kins is already 4. I agree with Amy...tell Lily to stop it this instant! The cake is amazing, not that anyone would expect less from you, even at 4 in the morning :)

Jeremy and Sarah said...

4??? That is unbelievable. She is so adorable and that cake is amazing. Great job, it was totally worth the exhaustion.

Linda J said...

Happy Birthday Lily :) I made that same cake for Elizabeth...yours is much prettier. Age 4 is my favorite. She is so adorable.