Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lessons learned...

Ah, the joys of having a first grader. When it came time for Lily's class to do their Thanksgiving crafts, her teacher didn't have much planned and not a lot of time to plan it. So I graciously offered to put together some crafts for the kids. I proceeded to buy all of the supplies and dyed about a 100 pounds (slight exaggeration) of pasta different colors, spent endless hours cutting turkey feathers and heads out of construction paper, drew some Indian arrowheads...and 4 days and $60 later....voila, craft day! The kids had tons of fun, which made it worth it. Nevertheless, I have two words for you--never. again.


Beautiful Fall Pasta. My house smelled like rubbing alcohol for days. Good times.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

We did this for a Primary activity once. Ya, never again. It's a lot of work. What a great Mom you are!!!

Jamie said...

Oh good, now my two words can be "never once."