Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving...McPherson style

It was just us four in sunny California this year. My kids actually have no memory of us not being with other members of the family for Thanksgiving, so it was definetely a different experience. I was a little leary because I love being with ALL of my family for the holiday, but we ended up having a fantastic time. We started our day off with a movie! We went with our great friends, the Olsons, and saw Megamind. It was hilarious, I actually gutt-laughed a number of times. I'm pretty sure the adults thought it was funnier than the kids, but we all really liked it. Then we went home and relaxed and played games for a bit before we got to cooking. Darrin made an absolutely delicious turkey and of course we had potatoes, stuffing, corn, gravy and rolls. The kids wanted to have a "fancy" dinner, which basically just means putting a tablecloth out and drinking out of goblets. We really enjoyed spending the day with just our family and look forward to doing it again in the (hopefully distant) future!











3 comments:

Jeremy and Sarah said...

Chelsea and I were talking the other day about how grown up your beautifully little Lily looks. I LOVE her hair!! I'm glad you had a good thanksgiving but sure wish we could have spent it together! Are you going to be here at all for the holidays? We miss you guys so much.

Chelsea said...

Lily looks gorgeous in that picture. Gorgeous! And the food looks amazing!

Jamie said...

Ok Lilly looks like you. I've never seen it until now, but wow: She does look beautiful. Our snow days keep coming for real in Indiana. I wish you could send me your kids for just one genuine snow day. Just one.