Thursday, March 12, 2009

Connor's Birthday-PART I

Connor's birthday festivities actually began the day before his birthday (3/10). He had a baseball game and we were in charge of snacks. So, being the awesome mom that I am, I made cupcakes for everybody. I even went the extra mile and put red/black Astros-colored sprinkles on them. They were adorable and delicious, even if I do say so myself, and I do. It's one of my goals in life to make homemade buttercream frosting as good as my friend Vanessa's. I'm not really close yet, but I won't give up.

We went home after the game and Connor opened his presents (cause Daddy had to work late the next night and he didn't want to miss it). The highlight of Connor's life thus far was opening his present from us, which was RockBand. He actually hugged the box. His auntie got him the book he's been dying for. Grandma Lori and Grandpa Jim got him some awesome baseball training cards, a cool drawing book, a magazine subscription and another unknown gift that hasn't yet arrived. Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Darrel got him a totally awesome practice tee and a bag of baseballs. He loved everything he got and was super grateful for it as well. Thanks all. Here's pictures of Day 1 of Connorfest 2009.






These babies were good! My mouth is watering now just looking at the picture.


No comments: