Sunday, November 18, 2007

Connor's All-Star game

Connor's big All-Star tournament was yesterday. Their team placed 3rd, which was kind of a shock (because they absolutely killed every team they scrimmaged) BUT, let me tell you, Connor was awesome! His team played 4 30-minute games, back-to-back. They were the only team that had to play all of their games one right after the other (which probably has a bit to do with the outcome of the tournament), but they played their little hearts out. You'd think that they'd look like mush by the last game, but that was, by far, their best game of the day. Connor especially rocked the last game, he was great on assists, defense and he came SO SO close to scoring a goal. We were so proud of Connor's performance, he's such a talented little guy. Anyhow, here's some pictures I managed to snap. They're a bit blurry because they're action shots, but we wanted everybody to be a part of Connor's big day.







11 comments:

Linda (Mom, Gramma, Aunt) said...

Four games back to back seems a bit extreme !! Tell him congratulations from us. Those pictures are really good DeEtte, I actually like the last one the best if it was just a little lighter, the team picture is adorable also. How young did he start playing soccer? I may have asked that before but I forgot the answer.

Jeremy and Sarah said...

That is unbelieveable!!We are so proud of him too. I love that their names are on their uniforms. The pictures are great. Thanks DeEtte. When are you guys going to be here? Are you all coming down on Tuesday also? Let us know we want to get together.

Jeremy and Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy and Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin and Amy said...

Is there just one girl on the team? She must be a stud:) That's awesome for Connor. I don't think many people could play 4 30 minutes games back to back. Kids or adults. He's amazing:)

The McPherson Clan--- said...

Aunt Linda-this is his 3rd year playing soccer (but he took last year off to play winter baseball instead). He just keeps getting better, it's really cool to watch.

Amy & Justin-There were no girls on his team, that's actually a boy with the long blonde hair (we're in California, remember?). The girls had separate All-Star teams.

Sarah-we're also coming to Vegas on Tues. night. Hopefully we'll get to see you Wednesday. I have dinner plans with my friend Jen, but I'm sure we can schedule some time earlier or later or even on another day. We'll MAKE SURE we get to see you guys. Are you going to Mesquite for Thanksgiving?

Justin and Amy said...

Lol. I was even thinking it was a boy with long hair but I kept thinking... no way- it had to be a girl. Funny. Oops:)

-Amy (yeah, it was me that thought that. Not Justin).

Lori said...

I think your action shots are great! I'm proud of him for just playing 4 games in a row; but the fact that he was such a great player is terrific (though I personally never had any doubts). Tell him we're proud of him, okay? Love you all.

Betty Brackett said...

Cute pics! I too thought that was a little girl..and was thinking she kind of looked like Chelsea as a young child....strange...Connor's so photogenic!

The Crazy Crockers said...

Your own little David Beckham! I played soccor for years until I blew my knees out and had to have them fixed. It is one thing that I truley miss.

Betty Brackett said...

Since Devyn doesn't have a blog yet, I'm borrowing your space to congratulate her and Michael on their
expected little GIRL!!!That's wonderful :)